Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Caribbean Premier League

Is the Caribbean Premiere League really beneficial to cricket in the West Indies? I would agree that T20 cricket draws in the crowds, cricket is more exciting in this shortened version. I do agree this is great for the West Indies. My concern is franchise cricket, where Trinidad & Tobago will be known as Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel. Now anybody who is knowledgeable on how franchise cricket works is that you draft players around the world, along with players of your own. Maybe I am stuck in my ways but If a team begins with a country I fully expect that every member of that team should be a national of that country. I am fully aware that franchise cricket is the future but I just can't truly support Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel.


For all the conspiracy theorists out there I want to put this out there. The squad for the T&T Red Steel is the weakest of all teams in my opinion. In my opinion the powers don't want to see Trinidad & Tobago dominate in T20 cricket, with players like Lendl Simmons, Bravo brothers well maybe not Darren but Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul will dominate years to come. I believe that there was an intention for Trinidad & Tobago to draft the weakest players as to take away there threat. Yes this is my view, it may be controversial but it must be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment