Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Goodbye Mourinho



I have been a Manchester United supporter since fellow countryman, Dwight Yorke signed in the 1998/99 season. What a season that was? I don't want to get sidetracked. Some would say I along with others were spoil by the unprecedented success during this period under the great Sir Alex Ferguson. I think the board needs to be reminded what made the club so successful during this period. It was free-flowing attacking football and developing young players. Two components that is lacking with the present day Manchester United squad. The board hired three consecutive managers who were pragmatic and deployed a defensive style of football, a style that the fans were unaccustomed too. The worse of the three have to be Jose Mourinho. He has made me not excited anymore when Manchester United have a game. That has been replaced with anxiety and stress. He is too defensive and safe as a manager. If that wasn't bad enough, his relationship with the players has broken down and has made head scratching decisions in his team line ups. It comes to a point where I don't believe what he says anymore at press conferences. A question is always posted to fans; Do you want attacking football or to win trophies? My response as always been why can't we have both but if I have to choose one it has to be an attacking philosophy that made Manchester United great. It's time for Mourinho to be shown the door and the club get back to the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment