Monday, September 17, 2018

Caribbean Premier League 2018



In my post about World Cup 2018 in Russia http://sportfanatic25.blogspot.com/2018/07/world-cup-2018-review-best-world-cup.html  I stated that it was the best world cup that I ever witnessed. Same has to be said about the 6th edition of The Caribbean Premier League. I must give credit to the respective groundsmen, who prepared good pitches which resulted in quality cricket played by all the teams. Another factor was the emerging of young West Indian talent in the form of Shimron Hetmeyer, Oshane Thomas, Sherfane Rutherford, Fabian Allen, Khary Pierre, Romario Shepherd and Rovman Powell. Overseas professionals like Glenn Phillips, Colin Munro, Fawad Ahmed and Ali Khan contributed handsomely in making the CPL a success this year as well as the party like atmosphere at every ground.

Congratulations go out to The Trinbago Knight Riders, who played the best cricket throughout the competition and deserved to repeat as champions. I am hoping this time next year I can say that the 7th edition is the best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment